Skip to main content

Just Between Lovers

Main Characters Moon Soo (left) and Gang Doo 
Short summary of the series: Moon Soo and Gang Doo both experienced trauma from a Mall that crashed down onto them. Without knowing that they had the same experiences, they meet by chance and fall in love - both facing losses of their loved ones in the accident. 

I'm not doing any sort of review that explains the whole premise and plot etc, I'm just voicing my opinions. For this, I might as well add that there might be spoilers.

This series was joyous in its best. K-dramas are know for their dramatic flair, however I thoroughly enjoyed it and binged every episode. It really has a wonderful charm of its own.


Ever had second-lead syndrome? It's when the second male lead is usually the person you root for. This was not the case, surprisingly. They displayed so much bonding and charm onto the main characters, you'd just wait until something happened between the two. It didn't even occur to me that the series was slow paced as they kept you anticipating for the next episode. 


In all honesty I stopped watching by episode 13 (total of 16 episodes), because for me I felt quite satisfied and didn't want to move any further in the story. I knew they'd probably tie up all the loose ends in the last three episodes anyway and I enjoyed it enough.

The story seems cliche, a girl falling for a scruffy and slovenly Gang Doo even when a rich, kind guy is into her. But what makes it unique is the bond between her and Gang Doo. It's heartwarming and refreshing and they wont give you what you'd expect. 

One bad thing would be the constant flashbacks to the accident. You'd be reminded every episode about it and it made me feel like they were taking up screen time. 

All in all, 8/10. It's extremely fluffy and cute and easy to binge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor E. Frankl

Short summary of the book: Viktor E. Frankl describes his journey for the struggle of survival in an Auschwitz concentration camp during the Holocaust as well as finding hope and greater meaning in our lives. I'm not doing any sort of review that explains the whole premise and plot etc; I'm just voicing my opinions. For this, I might as well add that there might be spoilers. There are over 10 pages that I bookmarked with quotes that I can carry through my life. This book did not teach me the actual meaning of life in the sense to find it, but in knowing that it exists. Through his autobiographical journey we are taken into the holocaust and his experiences in it. He was in a concentration camp in Auschwitz as well as doctoring those who fell ill and were dying. Through his experience I could really empathize with his feelings. In such unbearably dark times he found strength in spirit. I think just saying ‘strength in spirit’ is a bit weak to suffice how ...

Cry Me A Sad River (Movie)

Doesn't this look extremely dramatic? I absolutely love it. Short summary of the movie: A poor girl named Yi Yao is bullied to the extent where she cannot take it anymore.   I'm not doing any sort of review that explains the whole premise and plot etc, I'm just voicing my opinions. For this, I might as well add that  there might be spoilers. Yi Yao  This would definitely be on my top 10 list. I have rarely been on the edge of my seat for movies, but this movie did itself justice. It wasn't too depressing - there were moments of lightheartedness and warmth as well for a 'tragedy' genre  movie.  For the extremely soft-hearted it might be a tear-jerker but nothing came for me. What I will admit is that the movie made me experience many emotions and the beauty of it. You can feel and bond with the characters and what they endure. Bullying is a great way to show the seriousness of one's actions. Left to Right: Annoying bitch, even worse as...

The 10 Year Plan

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It was extremely amusing seeing someone get rejected a million times. It brought some confidence to me in some way. Short summary of the film: Two guys, cop and lawyer, make a truce to date each other if they cant find partners for themselves in 10 years time. I'm not doing any sort of review that explains the whole premise and plot etc, I'm just voicing my opinions on the movie. For this, I might as well add that  there might be spoilers. I think we all knew from the get-go that they were going to be together. I mean, a sexy cop and a stern lawyer? It’s a juicy story. It was light-hearted and well-paced but the only downside to it was that it was utterly and completely predictable. Look at this picture and tell me if you think anything else than all three of these guys having a sexual relation to one another. And you're not wrong.  Was that what they wanted us to think? Throughout the entire movie I sat chanting “J...