Skip to main content

12 Suicidal Teens

The 12 Suicidal Teens, numbered above

Short summary of the movie: 12 teenagers assemble at an abandoned hospital to commit suicide together, but once they all come together at their curated location, they find that someone has been “murdered”.

I'm not doing any sort of review that explains the whole premise and plot etc; I'm just voicing my opinions. For this, I might as well add that there might be spoilers.

I haven’t been moved by movies for the past year, but this movie brought me back to expressing my passion and opinions. I love this movie. It’s quite good and the cinematography of the film is out of this world. I absolutely adored how stunning it was, reminding me well of the South Korean ‘The Handmaiden’ film. Their acting wasn’t all too good, quite cheesy in fact, but I looked over it for the story. The film in itself had a great plot which tried its best to not leave any holes and any questions unanswered. The planning that must have gotten into this should be applauded as it couldn’t have been easy.





I loved each perspective and how the story unfolds. I didn’t want the film to end. Many would say that the film dragged out in the middle but I adored every minute. You, as the viewer, are calculating someone’s “murder” just as much as them, and that makes everything exciting. I was fully immersed and participated just as much in calculating and figuring out who did what. There were characters that seized my heart and those that did not, but had it not been for the exaggerated acting, I would have probably loved all of them.



I can’t pinpoint my favorite scene, but I can pinpoint my favorite event in the movie, and that was the entire mystery bit of it.

I will say that I really disliked the ending. It’s subjective to each person, and surely they expected this type of reaction, but it really disappointed me. I didn’t want it to be as predictable as it was. The ending felt like I was watching a dark, mysterious, immersive movie and then all of a sudden we switched to Barney the Dinosaur where we all love each other and hugged it out. I wasn’t even hoping that everyone should have died, but not even one life was taken away. Not even the “murdered” person. That for me was quite a joke, especially when they were all laughing happily as if the entire movie was not centered around everyone killing themselves for their own respected reasons.

Regardless of the ending, the film is still very good. It has its faults, but it was exceptional in delivery and still kept me watching until the very last minute.


It can't be seen very well (unfortunately due to my poor screenshotting skills) but this was the very last minute of the movie that made me say "Yes, I do love it, despite everything."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cry Me A Sad River (Movie)

Doesn't this look extremely dramatic? I absolutely love it. Short summary of the movie: A poor girl named Yi Yao is bullied to the extent where she cannot take it anymore.   I'm not doing any sort of review that explains the whole premise and plot etc, I'm just voicing my opinions. For this, I might as well add that  there might be spoilers. Yi Yao  This would definitely be on my top 10 list. I have rarely been on the edge of my seat for movies, but this movie did itself justice. It wasn't too depressing - there were moments of lightheartedness and warmth as well for a 'tragedy' genre  movie.  For the extremely soft-hearted it might be a tear-jerker but nothing came for me. What I will admit is that the movie made me experience many emotions and the beauty of it. You can feel and bond with the characters and what they endure. Bullying is a great way to show the seriousness of one's actions. Left to Right: Annoying bitch, even worse as

In Between Seasons

Soo Hyun and Yong Joon, the lead characters that are extremely precious Short summary of the movie: Two guys (Soo Hyun and Yong Joon) develop a bond together until it becomes stronger. Soo Hyun gets into a car accident and Yong Joon has to endure the hardship of their loved one in a coma - with a really unpleasant mother.   I'm not doing any sort of review that explains the whole premise and plot etc, I'm just voicing my opinions. For this, I might as well add that  there might be spoilers. Watching this movie taught me a lot of values; Patience being one of them. I think the movie was beautiful in it own way with both characters performing extremely well. It was immersive and yet, quite sad in my opinion. It's realistic and you'll develop a bond with the characters. They definitely make you feel like you're a part of them and that you're going through their journey.  Precious little beans, Yong Joon backhugging Soo Hyun The ending is open to in

26 Years

From left to right: Joo-Ahn, head of private security firm; Mi-Jin, sports shooter; Jin-Bae, gangster and Gap-Sae, businessman. Short summary of the movie: A sports shooter, gangster, cop, head of a private security firm and a businessman gather together to assassinate the orchestrator of the 1980 Gwangju massacre. All have their own motives to kill him. I'm not doing any sort of review that explains the whole premise and plot etc, I'm just voicing my opinions. For this, I might as well add that there might be spoilers . This movie broke me. It tore my heart out of my chest and pulled all the strings to torture me further. It was beautiful, immersive and tragic. I loved every bit of it and it yanked at my tear ducts. I was really emotionally wounded after this movie. I just felt like I should sit there and let everything that happened sink in. In the beginning, they constructed an animation of the massacre and what these five people traumatically had to go